CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS: 2016 February Chapbook Contest
CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS
25 SUBMISSIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
Thank you to everyone who submitted, and good luck!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Sable Books is excited to announce that our 2016 February Chapbook Contest is open for submissions.
Beginning February 1st, you may submit your chapbook-length manuscript. Contest will be open through February 28 or until we have received twenty-five manuscripts.
In the spirit of creating a fair and fun contest that rewards entrants with a 1 in 25 chance of publication, we are only accepting the first 25 manuscripts we receive. At that point, submissions will be closed. We cannot stress enough to enter early!
$25 to enter
One in 25 wins
Winner receives 25 copies of their book
Final judge is award-winning poet Allison Joseph.
Allison Joseph is the author of five full-length collections of poetry, What Keeps Us Here (Ampersand, 1992), Soul Train (Carnegie Mellon, 1997), In Every Seam (University of Pittsburgh Press, 1997), Imitation of Life (Carnegie Mellon, 2003) and Worldly Pleasures (Word Press, 2004). What Keeps Us Here was the winner of Ampersand Press’ 1992 Women Poets Series Competition. It also received the John C. Zacharis First Book Award from Ploughshares and Emerson College in Boston. In addition, she was awarded Illinois Arts Council Fellowships in Poetry in 1996 and 2007 and a Literary Award from the Illinois Arts Council in 1997. Currently she is an Associate Professor at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, where she serves as editor for Crab Orchard Review and director of the Young Writers Workshop, a summer conference for high school-aged writers.
How to Submit Your Manuscript
- Manuscript length limited to chapbook size, or 20-30 pages of poems.
- No name or identifying information should appear on the manuscript pages or in the file name. Please include a separate document for a cover page that includes poet’s name, contact information, and title of the manuscript.
- Submit your work as a Word or PDF file to email@example.com. In the subject line, please list your submission as 2016 February Chapbook Contest/Last name, First name.
- Pay fee below at the PayPal link.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- Submission period will close when we have received 25 submissions or February 28th whichever comes first.
|Submission fee: $25|
Selected chapbook will award a contract for publication to the winning poet, along with twenty-five beautifully designed, perfect-bound books. Additional books may be ordered at 50% of retail, plus shipping.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 winner: The Way The Rain Works by Ralph Earle