Submissions: Guidelines & Requirements
• At this time, must be written in English
• Prose should be double-spaced and all pages paginated
• Acceptable formats for uploaded manuscripts are PDF, DOC, and DOCX.
• All work (poetry or prose) must be original (no translations at this time, please).
and previously unpublished as a collection. Individually published poems may be acknowledged.
• Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Notify us immediately if work is accepted elsewhere.
• The open submissions period is not a contest; manuscripts are not reviewed anonymously.
• Multiple submissions are acceptable, but must be submitted with separate reading fees.
To submit your manuscript:
1. Send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please put Manuscript submission: Last Name, First Name. So, for example:
Manuscript submission: Smith, Robert
What to include on your manuscript’s title page:
• telephone number
• email address
• title of manuscript
2. Submit a reading fee of $30.00 USD.
Each submission is individually read and responded to by an editor. Our editors will send a personal response to your work.
Thank you for your interest and support.
A word about the reading fee.
We do not require authors to presell their books. Additionally, it is our belief that writers should earn from their book sales.
Sable Books is a small, privately-funded publisher without support from university or larger nonprofit organizations. To offset the cost of the substantial editorial time required to review and respond individually to all manuscripts, there is a non-refundable reading fee of $30, payable to Sable Books via PayPal.
You are welcome to submit as many manuscripts as you like, as long as you send a separate reading fee for each. If the fee increase presents a barrier to submitting your work, a limited number of scholarships are available. Contact Melissa for more information on how to apply.